Training Services ISO 50001:2018 – Energy Management Systems – Internal Auditor Training Course
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to perform energy management system audits against ISO 50001:2018 with this internal auditor course from SGS.
ISO 50001:2018 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system (EnMS). This course provides you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first-party audits of an EnMS against ISO 50001:2018, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Why choose the ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor training course from SGS?
This course will enable you to:
- Explain the purpose of an energy management system, and the business and environmental benefits of improving energy management performance
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021-1 where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EnMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 50001:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate)
Learners who are in attendance for the complete course will be issued with an SGS ‘Certificate of Attendance’.
Before starting this course, learners are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 50001:2018
- Knowledge of the following energy management principles and concepts:
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organizational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting and computers
- Energy related legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an energy management system
This course comprises nine sessions to help familiarize you with the various elements of the standard:
- Session 1: Introduction to energy management systems
- Session 2: Establishing an energy management system
- Session 3: Audit evidence and audit trails
- Session 4: Audits: Definitions, principles and types
- Session 5: Audit Planning
- Session 6: Stage 1 Audit
- Session 7: Developing the checklist
- Session 8: Conducting the on-site audit (audit stage 2)
- Session 9: Audit review
The trusted ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor course from a world leader in corporate training
As the world leader in professional training, we offer you unrivaled experience and a global network of qualified professionals with extensive expertise in the latest practices. SGS Academy is present in more than 45 countries and trains more than 200,000 professionals worldwide.
To find out more about our ISO 50001:2018 internal auditor course, contact us today.