Training Services FSC Chain of Custody Advanced Systems
Looking beyond certified timber, advanced chain of custody (CoC) training draws together the FSC™ standards for controlled wood, reclaimed material and multisite operations.
Devised by our FSC experts this training course recognizes the important role reclaimed materials, controlled wood and products from multisite operators in protecting forests, at the time as meeting consumer and industry demands for chain of custody certification.
FSC Chain of Custody Advanced Systems Course Objectives
After completing your advanced FSC chain of custody training you will have a clear understanding of the:
- Requirements for Sourcing FSC Controlled Wood STD-40-005 V3-1 (the FSC Controlled Wood Standard)
- FSC Standard for Sourcing Reclaimed Material STD-40-007 V2-0 (the FSC Reclaimed Material Standard)
- FSC Standard for Chain of Custody certification of Multiple Sites STD-40-003 V2-1 (the FSC COC Multisite Standard)
During the training, we will cover topics including:
- An introduction to FSC Controlled Wood Standard – due diligence system, quality management system (QMS), FSC STD 30-010 FM Controlled Wood, and the standard’s structure and purpose
- The FSC Controlled Wood Standard:
- Part I (1+2): DDS and Information – DDS implementation and maintenance, as well as information sourcing
- Part I (3): Risk Assessment – risk assessment and decision tree
- Part I (4): Risk Mitigation – risk mitigation and control measures
- Part II: Quality Management System – competence, documentation and records, publicly available information, stakeholder input and complaints
- The FSC Reclaimed Material Standard –introduction, terms and definitions:
- Purchase of reclaimed forest-based materials
- Suppliers validation and monitoring
- Material inspection and classification upon receipt
- Supplier Audit Program
- Annex I: Examples of reclaimed wood material
- Annex II: Examples of reclaimed paper material
- The FSC CoC Multisite Standard:
- PART I: Eligibility
- PART II: Specific requirements for Multi-site and Group COC certification
- ANNEX A. Comparison of Single, Multi-site and Group COC requirements
- ANNEX B: Requirements for the issuance of CARs by the Central Office
100% attendance is required from every learner in order to complete the course, and understand the FSC Chain of Custody standards and normative documents. On successful completion of this one day course learners will be issued with a certificate of attendance.
Why Choose FSC Chain of Custody Training from SGS?
As the leader in professional training, we draw on years of worldwide experience to provide effective learning and development opportunities. We make a difference to individuals, teams and businesses, nurturing talent and enabling continuous organizational progression. Our specialists partner with course participants, identifying improvement objectives and supporting their professional journey.
Contact us to find out more.