Industrial Occupational Hygiene Testing
Industrial hygiene testing helps anticipate, evaluate and prevent illness in the work environment.
Poor workplace conditions will cause sickness, impaired health and well-being, and/or significant discomfort among workers and citizens of the community. Reducing workplace exposure will help protect resources and reputations, as well as increase workforce productivity.
SGS Industrial/Occupational Hygiene Testing
We provide a comprehensive range of air sampling and analysis services and equipment, including air quality monitoring, air quality testing and mold testing.
- Active sampling
- Passive sampling
- Real-time direct read instrumentation
- Detector tubes
We test a wide variety of different chemicals:
- Organics (vapors, formaldehyde, semi volatiles, isocyanate, ethylene glycol…)
- Particulates, dust, silica, asbestos, mists, diesel particulates
Experienced in conducting industrial / occupational hygiene testing around the world, our specialists have the know-how to help you choose the correct compound and appropriate media for your testing.
Dual Column/Co-Solvent GC Method
Using our universal solvent system, this method allows for a wide range of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) to be collected on the same media. Our technicians can then perform air quality analysis of the samples using a single analytical method with acceptable recoveries for all analytes.
SGS Center of Excellence
Our Galson laboratory in Syracuse (NY, USA) is the SGS global Center of Excellence for industrial hygiene testing. It not only offers the most extended scope of air testing capabilities in the world, it also offers many innovative solutions like:
- The Free Sampling Badges program
- The Free Pump Loan Program
- LEED Testing Package
- LEED Testing V4 capabilities
- The Hydrofracking Testing package
- The MSHA 30 CFR Testing package
- Our patented Personal Exposure Vest
- The Formaldehyde Home Testing Kits
- The TO17 Kit
- A specially dedicated Silica Testing offering
- Our new solution for EPA 325 VOC testing
- AIHR Shark
- SGS Smartsense
Why choose SGS?
As the world leader in industrial hygiene sampling and analysis, we provide a wide range of services to the consulting and engineering sector as well as to the end industrial customer. In addition, our resources help you to develop effective and efficient processes for ensuring your employees’ health and your corporate image is protected.
Contact your local SGS office to learn more about industrial hygiene services.